My name is Chris Fay and I teach College and Career Readiness. I am originally from Oklahoma and was an Army brat. I am also a U.S. Army veteran and had the wonderful privilege of serving at Fort Campbell with the 101st Airborne Division. My wife Sara and I have been married for 14 years and have 5 wonderful children. I am a 2018 graduate of Austin Peay State University and I am an avid fan of the Oklahoma Sooners and the Dallas Cowboys. I am so very excited to have the opportunity to teach your child this year and will do my best to be a positive influence on them in any way that I possibly can. I feel that it is one of my primary responsibilities to contribute to my students becoming the very best contributing citizens to society that they can possibly become. I hold all of my students to a high standard and expect much out of them and I will do my best to challenge them to exceed their own expectations as well.
This user account status is Approved

This user has not added any information to their profile yet.

Clarksville Montgomery County School System’s goal is for 100% of students to graduate college and career ready.  This course supports that overall goal by introducing students to a variety of topics that will be necessary for them as they continue on their journey to becoming self-sufficient adults and contributing members of society.  Throughout this course the students will become generally aware of their desired career field and will be introduced to skills, ideas, and topics that are necessary for them to reach and be successful in that desired career field.

 

 Topics taught in this course vary but are largely individualized according to the interests of the student and are largely determined by the student themselves as they explore the careers paths of their choosing. Topics include:   

 

The importance of a post-secondary education - Students learn about the importance of pursuing education and learn the difference a post high school certification or degree can make in their lives.  

 

Skills for Success (AKA Soft Skills) - Students learn about the necessary skills/tools to be successful in their future academic endeavours as well as laying a foundation for the rest of their lives.  Topics include integrity, punctuality, preparedness, time management, communication, task organization, and leadership to name a few.

 

ACT Familiarization -  Students will be introduced through a simple familiarization to the ACT and its importance.  

 

Career Interest Exploration - Students will take career and interest surveys in order to help identify specific interests for possible career fields in their future.  They will also research what requirements are necessary to begin work in that career.

 

Post-Secondary Education Exploration - Students will research potential post-secondary institutions that will prepare them for their desired career path.  

 

Getting Hired - Students will learn and practice the basic skills needed to obtain employment at any level.  This includes job application completion, basic resume building, and interview skills.

 

Basic Finances - Students will learn the basics of personal finances as well as what options are available to help pay for a post-secondary education.  

 

Grading


70% of the Grades for this class come from 4 assignments: A Success Skills presentation, Career Information Portfolio, Oral Interview Activity, and their end of the course Career Presentation.  The remaining 30% comes from weekly bellwork and reinforcement activities within the units.   

 
  • Arrive on time with everything you need to be successful.  
 
  • Stay on task 
 
  • During classroom discussions raise your hand and communicate with logic, intelligence, and compassion. 
 
  • Show others respect that you would like to be shown
 
  • Make good choices and accept responsibility for your actions.