This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Ms. Kniffen’s Class 22/23
- If a cell phone is seen or heard, it will be confiscated until the end of the day.
- Mechanical pencils or #2 pencils are allowed in my class. If you do not have one, please get one when you walk into my class.
- Rewards are given for following directions, being awesome, correct answers, or for being a leader. Your reward can be a PBIS point or a piece of candy. (Your choice)
- Please do not interrupt during instruction unless it is an emergency.
- I use popsicle sticks with student names to call on random students. Please pay attention!
- Hallway expectations are posted in the hallway. Go directly to your next class after I dismiss you, not the bell.
- When you enter our classroom, you are silent. Make sure you have all of your materials needed.
- Library passes are allowed only on Tuesdays and Thursdays during Advisory, if you do not have any missing assignments.
- Bathroom breaks will be limited to emergencies. You should go in between classes. After receiving permission, you will sign out on the clipboard and get a pass.
- You may eat snacks as long as you do not distract the class and you clean up after yourself. You may also eat candy that is given to you as a reward. The only drink allowed in class is water. Please keep your bottles on the floor. ABSOLUTELY NO GUM ALLOWED IN THE BUILDING.
- Inappropriate or disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated. The first time will be a warning; the second time will be lunch detention and a call home; the third time will be the reflection desk, lunch detention, and a call home; the fourth time is a discipline referral to the Principal.
- Words that we DO NOT SAY in our class: Shut-up, shut your mouth, bored, STUPID, DUMB, EASY, and CAN’T.
Materials for Math
- Composition notebook or spiral three hole notebook
- Pencils. LOTS OF PENCILS. Please be sure to have an eraser as well!
- Math folder
- Wired earbuds or headphones
- Whiteboard and dry erase marker (provided by teacher)
Unit 1: Multi-Digit Computation and Finding Common Factors and Multiples along with Dividing Fractions
Unit 2: Extending the Number System and Building Relationships in the Coordinate Plane
Unit 3: Algebraic Expressions with Equations and Inequalities
Unit 4: Ratios, Rates, Percent, and Representing Relationships
Unit 5: Analyzing and Understanding Data Distributions
Unit 6: Problem Solving with Area in 2-D Shapes, Volume and Surface Area
Unit 7: TN Ready Review/Testing
Unit 8: Transition to 7th Grade
*Grades are 30% practice and 70% assessment
To access Powerschool from a laptop, desktop, or phone app: Go to CMCSS.net, click on Students and Parents, Parents, then Powerschool. Enter your child's username and their computer password.
Ex: username: mary.smith123 (This is your child’s email.)
password: MS4599 (These are the last four of your child’s student pin number.)
I can help you with either of these if your child doesn’t know them. The district code for Powerschool is PZQN for West Creek Middle School.
Google Classroom Codes